Uzbekistan’s Food Supply amid the COVID-19 Lockdown
- Lockdown containment measures disrupt food supply and Uzbekistan is not an exception.
- Significant food price increases, reduced access to nutritious food, and interapted logistics were recorded over the months of the strict lockdown.
- The multiple and rapid government policy actions softened some of the severe impacts of the lockdown.
- Uzbekistan cannot however be compliant about its food systems resilience.
- More has to be done to guarantee households’ food security as the pandamic continuous.
CPRO Policy Brief 2020-08
Authors: Etenesh B. Asfaw
Download full Policy Brief